Piezoelectric ceramic dental cleaning machine: Adopting a piezoelectric ultrasonic generator, its working principle is that the crystal of the transducer vibrates with changes in battery strength and frequency, thereby driving linear motion of the dental cleaning working tip. It usually has a frequency of 20-30KHZ and an amplitude of 30 microns.
Low cost, small size, and lightweight.
The linear motion trajectory causes a certain degree of scraping on the tooth surface, and the patient may feel uncomfortable;
Handle is easily damaged: Piezoelectric handles contain crystals, and usually the crystal rod cannot be used after about 300 high-pressure sterilization cycles. When a piezoelectric handle falls, the crystal bars inside the handle are easily damaged;
The handle produces significant heat;
2、 Magnetostrictive dental cleaning machine
The characteristic of magnetostrictive dental cleaning equipment is that the frequency of ultrasonic waves is low, usually in the range of tens of kilohertz, but it can generate a large radiation power, up to several kilowatts. And its mechanical strength is very high, so it has been widely used in the field of high-power ultrasound, and it can also be used in the field of low-power ultrasound measurement or detection technology.
Magnetostrictive ultrasonic instruments rely on different shapes, lengths, and types of working ends to perform linear and elliptical movements, with frequencies of 18-42KHz and amplitudes of 30 microns.
Its working principle is:
The length of the magnetic transducer inside the body of the work head expands and contracts with the direction of the magnetic field, driving the movement of the work tip and converting electrical energy into mechanical energy. Magnetic transducers are usually composed of thin sheets of magnetic materials such as tweezers.
The working head of the magnetostrictive dental cleaning device operates in a spiral manner, relying on the vibration on the side of the head to effectively clean dental stones and plaque, thus not causing damage to the enamel. Under the condition of not administering anesthesia, subgingival curettage can generally be completed within 2-3 hours, with a maximum depth of 14mm below the gingiva. It can also be used for gingival scaling and root canal swabbing.
Due to the small amplitude of the magnetostrictive dental cleaning device, it can penetrate into the periodontal pocket for subgingival scaling, without causing damage to the gums or scratching the enamel.
Capable of performing linear and elliptical movements, with less impact on teeth; Patients feel more comfortable during treatment.
Usually, the blade (working tip) of a magnetostrictive transducer is welded together with the transducer. When the blade wears out, the entire transducer needs to be replaced, which is very uneconomical.
2. There are few types of connected transducer blades (working tips) configured, and there are generally three types:
(1) 90 degree angle ultrasonic file (removable root canal file)
(2) Root circumference treatment work head (used for supragingival scaling and subgingival scraping: the work head cannot be replaced, i.e. it is not usable after wear and tear)
(3) Fine thread treatment work head (used for subgingival scraping and root bifurcation leveling; cannot be replaced, i.e. cannot be used after wear and tear)
3. During the use of the handle, the liquid used can easily enter the handle chamber, resulting in a decrease in working force. In this case, it is necessary to disassemble the blade of the connected transducer and shake the water inside the chamber dry, which can cause inconvenience for the user to operate;
4. Patients or doctors with pacemakers are prohibited! (Magnetic field can affect pacemaker operation)
3、 Acoustic cleaner
In recent years, acoustic scalers have been widely used. It transfers the energy of compressed air to the working tip through a transducer, causing the working tip to generate an elliptical motion of 2500-7000Hz, which is converted into mechanical energy.
2. Low frequency and large amplitude elliptical movements make patients feel more comfortable; Compared with ultrasound instruments, it is more suitable for subgingival operations;
3. No additional host is required, and it can work by connecting to the air duct of the dental chair;
4. Energy and water spray can be freely adjusted;
5. The metal handle is not easily damaged;
6. The working tip can be equipped with optical fibers, which was not possible with previous ultrasound.
Noise during operation; The cost is relatively high.